Thursday, July 9, 2009

formal letters

funny little thing happened to me aaj..

i went to the bank to get the renewal of my fixed deposit (yes, i am THAT jobless)

the old auntie who looked damn irritated with her boring desk job, handed me a paper and asked me to write an application for it..

now now.. when was the last time i ACTUALLY wrote an official letter ????

dude! i couldn recollect the format only !

dear ma'am ke baad subject ? which side do u put the address ? and what about the date ??

yeah, yeah. . i wrote it and gave it in.. the lady gt the message (its the message communicated that matters right !) and i shall get the work done

as if that wasnt enough, my tauji came in the evening only to ask me to write 'letter to the pension office' . This was easy. Just had to copy what was written. The only confusion : what to use - yours truly/ yours faithfully . I remembered what was taught in english classes when i was a kid. Truly it was :P

Funny what things we learn in school only to forget.

The weirdest thing ??

My friend called.. She got a job today.

Guess what profession : middle school teacher

:)

2 comments:

  1. trust me i have been in a similar kind of situation .. but with me the case was worse... Penning it down!!! all thanks to Microsoft word, i have forgotten how to even write!!! can u beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha,, i know what u r talkin bout man.. what simple things in life we kinda forget as time passes by na.. :)

    ReplyDelete