Monday, July 6, 2009

a loong fun weekend :)

i visited calcutta this weekend .. and couldn help but notice what a quaint little town it is ! i mean, comin frm delhi and been at mumbai , it seems this city sleeps, wakes up to refuse getting up from the bed again !!

patli patli roads..

small yellow taxis..

slow slow trams..

and little lakes making you want to stop on the road!

i loved the place .. 'calcutta darshan' i couldn do in the true sense of the term, but of what little i DID get my hands on, it ws wonnderful!!

the reason i was there : my best friend's wedding :P i mean, i cant imagine.. my roommate is a married woman ! but good fun it was.. the best thing was tht all of us were there together.. so all my 'yearnings' of meeting friends and getting those 'magical hugs' finally found me :)

but u know what the bestest thing about the four days was ??

mandaarmani

its a beach.. a different from the ones i have seen in goa, diu and mumbai .. u can drive on it !! and the way it stares at you at night : the mighty white waves.. and the beautiful sound it makes . . . and the WIND .. blows away your mind man !! if I had a wish, i would have sat on tht log of wood forever, just staring at the sea.. or dancing with friends on the beach while it was raining .. yes i know wht will make me happy in my life .. a house by the beach :)

sometime, i shall have one in GOA..

what life that would be :)

1 comment:

  1. nice description of a beach re.

    added to my blogroll

    ReplyDelete